Got some knives done today

Frank Aguirre

They are both A2 steel RC59-60 Top one is mesquite and bottom is black linen and cocobolo. I tried some more file work and a machine finish on these two. I also tried a dove tail bolster on the second one. Whatcha think?

Oh this is Boots he's a Chi-Weenie dog. He is my three year old daughter's best buddy.

wip148.jpg

wip150.jpg

wip151.jpg

wip152.jpg

wip153.jpg

Great job, pancho! Those are looking really good! I think the mark looks great as well. Nice and clean and professional.

--nathan

I like 'em! Your improvement over the last few months has been very motivating to me. What grit did you take them up to on the machine, and since I use the same grinder, where did you find them? I've only been able to find 400s in 2X42 but would like something finer in addition.

Travis, I use the gator trizac up to 400 grit and then go to 600 klingspor, then buff with white rough and ended up with this machine finish that I liked so I tried it on these. The second one is for the halloween trade on THF.

I like the Bailey-esque micarta bolster, for sure, but it's hard to beat good mesquite. Just glued up two mesquite handles tonight, in fact. Makes great BBQ also :)

Those look great Frank. Any close-ups of the filework?

Paul

Back