Great wood source and more

bmills

I have just spent the morning in the workshop of Mr. John Doyle, Gladwin, MI, and a great morning it was!

I went there because I was looking to purchase highly figured wood for scales/handles and John has a very nice supply of Koa, multiple types of burls, maple etc., all highly figured. He has many other types of wood both unstabilized and stabilized by K&G at very competitive prices. You won't be disappointed!

John is also the maker of very fine cutlery of all types. John does his own forging and heat treating and his work is impeccable. I left there with an ache in my heart after handling one of his hunters!!!

Also, he was very willing to answer any and all simple questions that I had and gave me a shop tour and grind demonstration that I found interesting and informative.

If you're in the market for handle material, and, or a quality knife, get in touch with John.

Bill

I'm soooo jealous. There are 3 or 4 guys on this forum that I would love to visit their shop and watch them work. John would be on my short list. Wish you'd had a GoPro on during that visit!

Back