Grinder/VFD/motor Wiring Issue

bjtiger75

OK fellas I need your expert help. My KMG arrived late yesterday and I wired everything up this afternoon. I have the 1.5 hp Leeson motor and the KBAC VFD. I got all the jumpers set, motor wired, power wired, etc. My garage outlets are all on one circuit and the first outlet in the garage is a GFCI outlet. When I turn the switch for the KBAC to the on position with the pot set to 0 and the run switch set to stop the GFCI trips every time. The KBAC gives the low voltage fault. I rechecked all my wiring and jumpers and everything seems to be correct. I called my dad up and borrowed his meter and checked the voltage and have the proper 120 coming into the grinder. When I was telling my dad about the issue he said he had the same issue with a refrigerator tripping the GFIC in his new house in the garage. He swapped the GFIC outlet out for a regular outlet and has had no more issues. Am I having a similar issue or am I missing something?

BJ

BJ, I had the same problem in my garage. My electrician friend came over and moved the GFI down one outlet and my problem went away. I use the outlet that originally had the GFI for my compressor and it never shuts down anymore.

Larry

I got the GFCI outlet switched out today and the grinder runs fine. I will get pictures up tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

BJ

Back