Grip

Steven Long

Tried a bunch of new stuff on this knife and sheath. Some worked out great and some not so great. The not so great ideas got scrapped, but were a great learning experience. This model is based off my Scoundrel and Ogre designs and turned out to be one comfortable knife. The white handle made it a bit difficult to photograph so bear with me on the pictures.

It still needs its edge and my makers mark but it's pretty much done. I will add a few pictures when totally complete. This one is going to an active soldier and will be my first knife to head overseas. It's a special one ;)

Grip

- 5/32" CPM154 (flats acid washed and tumbled), Flat Ground
- OAL: 9.75"
- Cutting Edge: 4.75"
- White G10 Handle
- Orange G10 Bolsters
- Black G10 Liners
- Carbon Fiber Pins
- Stainless Steel Lanyard Tube

Sheath

- 7/8 oz. Hermann Oak Leather
- Hand Carved, Tooled, Colored, Dyed, Stitched

Grip023_zps20daceaa.jpg

Grip024_zps574d110d.jpg

MikeWIP020_zps6b837e57.jpg

MikeWIP021_zpsc1ca2125.jpg

Grip009_zps0e038ed1.jpg

Grip012_zps222491a4.jpg

Grip014_zpse91e9b42.jpg

Grip013_zps0f24dad0.jpg

Grip019_zps36c3bb8b.jpg

Grip011_zpsa890535f.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Steven,
The grip does look comfy, I like how you did the index relief, palm swell and pinky area.

That sheath is too COOL! I'm sure he will be proud to use & wear that one.

Great looking knife and love the sheath. Nothing like making our protector's happy.:001_smile::001_smile::001_smile:

Wade

Steven,
The grip does look comfy, I like how you did the index relief, palm swell and pinky area.

That sheath is too COOL! I'm sure he will be proud to use & wear that one.

Thanks, Laurence! He is pretty excited about getting it. Glad we went with the flag

Steve, I'm tippin my hat at ya right now bro.. Awesome job! The sheath is friggin awesome! I'm happy for you because I know our soldier will be very happy . Well done !

Steve, I'm tippin my hat at ya right now bro.. Awesome job! The sheath is friggin awesome! I'm happy for you because I know our soldier will be very happy . Well done !

Thanks, Mikey! He originally wanted his wife's family crest put on the sheath but scaling it down to fit made it look weird so I decided to throw in a little gift as a thank you to his service and am carving out her family crest in some leather. Something they can hang on the wall. Thinking he's going to love it when he opens the box.

Back