Grounded Again

Tom Militano

KNIFE MAKER
I had to go back to my doctor about my leg Friday, it's still swollen, but nothing like it was, but I'm grounded again until I see him next Friday I'm on new antibiotic. He told me that he wanted me to lay flat as much as I can with my leg elevated. I told him I had slept in my leather desk chair for the last two nights before I saw him because of the damage to my lower back, it hurts to lay flat. He said that won't be a problem starting that night. He put me on some pain patches, which help quite a bit. I told my wife I was going out to my shop today and was informed that it wasn't going to happen. I didn't think it would, but I thought I'd take a shot at it.

Tom, it sucks, but it's for the best. Rest up and let your body heal. Easy to say, but hard to do. My prayers are with you brother.

Hey Tom take care with that cellulitis, the small amount of time you may have to be off the feet Vs the complications that arise from it. Well lets just say it will be worth it and I get the back problems. I have the same situation! If you can't lay exactly flat lay on your side so the the effected leg is more elevated and you can get up and move around every so often that will help with the back!

I'll give that a shot. Thanks. The pain patches are helping the back quite a bit. They make me kind of sleepy though.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks. The pain patches are helping the back quite a bit. They make me kind of sleepy though.

Tom,
If you have localized areas of pain ask the dr. for Lidoderm patches. They are a transdermal form of Lilocaine like the dentist uses. These just make the pain go away and don't mess with your head. I use them on my back in the injured areas. They work great. I have used both kinds over the years.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back