Harness testers

SRT

I saw a portable Wilson RC harness tester on one of Tracy Mickely's heat treat videos. When I searched to find it I believe I found it to be a M51 or M52 Wilson model. But when I try to find where to buy one and the price I have to fill out a questionnaire to get a quote and retail sources. The responses did not give a price and the companies listed to purchase were all overseas. Anyone know where to buy one and how much they cost? Need help, and are there any other testers that are around ( under $ 1000) out there???
Thanks.

I was wanting one too a few months ago and I had looked on ebay to get an idea of what they were selling for. I was kind of shocked that they were ranging from $700-$1000 for a used one, even more for new. I quickly dismissed the idea after that, but found a used conventional bench type test on craigslist for $300 that has worked perfectly. If you want new, some of the guys have bought them from Enco and Grizzly.

This (G9645) is the one I decided on and have ordered. It will be here next week and after I practice a little I can give my opinion. Enco has the exact same one but would not come off the price of $900 and some change. Grizzly has it for $750 plus (in my case, $81 in shipping)

The tester Stan linked looked to be a Chinese knockoff of an Ames tester. I use an Ames model 1 tester and it is very good and made in the USA. The company is still in business and repairs and recertifies their testers for a nominal fee. I bought mine used on Ebay for around $150. As with most tools, I recommend buying used American made before buying new Chinese.

Bob

Back