Hello, engineer new to the blacksmithing end of metalworking

Thunter124

Hunter here, long story short, I'm an mechanical engineer major. In general I like taking a certain medium and manipulating it into something else. One of my longtime mediums is paper, and I have developed my art of origami into expert level, mainly I like taking a scrap of something and making it into something great. I'm about to build me a propane forge, probably build a stake anvil and get starting on some hammering, I'm going to try my hand at forging different tools and sharpened implements along the line, so I was hopping to get some info/feedback on the forums.

for now I'll hang around and do some research/lurking to get ideas on possible constructions, but as soon as I can get my forge running I will start posting some knives, swords and adzes and axes and get some feedback.

Hi and welcome to KD. I am sure you will find what you are looking for on this forum.

Welcome to the pack. Sounds as though you have great ambitions and you have found the right place to get help. If you don't find your answers by searching around, feel free to ask and I have no doubt our knowledgeable pack will chime in to help you out.

Back