Hello from aiken south carolina

Aikenn

Just a note to introduce myself, I have been grinding knives for a long time and I have no secrets. Will show anyone what I do and how I do it.
But now I want to learn about pocket knives. Have tried and thrown away a bunch of failures.I came across a utube vid by usa knife dog and learned
more in that hour than I did reading all the dam books.

How small is small I work in 12x20 in 3 rooms grinding buffing general
Well...years ago when I had a contract machine shop in 650 sq ft and it was cramped I named myself "smallshop" on the machinist forums...today i'm in an 1800 sq ft shop and it is pretty sweet!

I'm in a 12' X 15'....for now, got a bigger one coming soon...:D

XmuX1Q8.jpg

Mine is about 900sq ft and is a bit cramped. Could probably re arrange things and gain a bit but it seems to work the way it is for now.

My shop is the front several feet of our tight 2 car garage. 18'w X 24'd. So in the summer I get about 8 or 9 feet since as my wife consents to parking outside. In the winter, get 5 or 6' which is barely enough to push all the tools in tight for storage and it's usually too cold to work out there anyway... I dream of a 20x20 (400sf) with heat and more than 2 power outlets some day... 650? 900? 1800?! shop.JPG

My shop is the front several feet of our tight 2 car garage. 18'w X 24'd. So in the summer I get about 8 or 9 feet since as my wife consents to parking outside. In the winter, get 5 or 6' which is barely enough to push all the tools in tight for storage and it's usually too cold to work out there anyway... I dream of a 20x20 (400sf) with heat and more than 2 power outlets some day... 650? 900? 1800?! View attachment 69696
That looks similar to mine. I'm in half a two car garage as well. However we only have one car so I get the full 1/2 of the garage year around. My truck doesn't fit very well anyways, so it stays outdoors even in the winter

Welcome to the forum, Aikenn. I will warn you about the path down the pocket knife/folder lane though. Once you start, there's no turning back. They are absolutely addictive.

These guys all work in mansions! I work out of an old converted garden shed, all 77 square feet of it. It just goes to show that you don't have to have a lot of space, you just have to be efficient.

Back