Hello From Arkansas

Diamond G Knives

Hello!
I am Mike Garner from Dardanelles, Arkansas. I am a part time maker with my main focus on the forged blade. I enjoy making damascus, both laminate and mosaic or "can" damascus.

My work seems to be more in the hunter category and Chefs knives.

Just found this forum (long time member of Knet) and wanted to say Hello!

Any makers in my area, please give me a holler!

God Bless
Mike

How are you Mr Garner? I live a bit south of Dardenelle, but I live in Arkansas too. Do my share of forging, but I'm hung up on these slipjoints at the moment.
Nice to have you with us.
Rusty

I'm a user/collector/collaborator designer with a few of my favorite makers. I live just north of Cabot...but currently I'm still at my summer beach home.

Welcome, will have to check out your work when I get back into town.

Do you have a website or photo account that displays your work?

hi%20there.gif
Welcome to KnifeDogs!
s11798.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome!

No I do not currently have a website. Whats the best site to use to post/store photos?

Rusty: Where in Arkansas you hail from?

God Bless
Mike

Stamps, down south of Hope.
Best site for photos is Photobucket they dont have all the annoying popups the other sites have.

Mike,

Welcome to the pack! Good to have another Arkie among us. I'm just south of you about 30 minutes in Conway. Unfortunately, I only spend about 3-5% of my time in Conway, most is spent at my duty loaction in Hattiesburg, Ms. I look forward to seeing pics of your work.

Thanks guys.
Ill dig up some pictures. Ive been a maker for about 15 years. Got serious about it around 10 years ago, then "Life Happened" I work as a contract NDE Inspector and Safety Guy. Ive been on the road in one form of the other since 2001. In the process of starting a pole barn for a new shop, and "Hoping" to spend more time at home. We will see what the new year brings.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Im sure I can learn a bundle from you guys! Just hope I can contribute in some way.

God Bless
Mike

Back