Hello from Minnesota

WesWer_Blades

Hello Everyone, I’m Wesley (Wes) and I’m from Eagan just south of the Twin Cities and I just started making knives about a year and a half ago and have loved every minute since. I have met a lot of nice knifemakers here in Minnesota and I have learned a ton. I just bought the liner lock template from USA Knifemakers and I’m really looking forward to trying my first folder. Currently I make hunters and chef knives. Here is a couple recent ones I completed. I’m really looking forward learning from the forums and meeting new makers. Cheers!

8BB5B0E8-2525-4BD6-90AB-8203717E94D4.jpeg

Attachments

• 93A676DB-4BE9-4099-8FC1-61823E43FDF0.jpeg
    93A676DB-4BE9-4099-8FC1-61823E43FDF0.jpeg
    700.5 KB · Views: 18
  • C5E30206-DE2D-4800-9D08-30E7E3B69B7B.jpeg
    C5E30206-DE2D-4800-9D08-30E7E3B69B7B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 18
Welcome Wes. Nice work. Where are you at in Eagan. I am in Eagan also. Behind the High School. My shop is torn apart right now getting ready for a move into a couple of nice big workshops...

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Dan

Welcome Wes. Nice work. Where are you at in Eagan. I am in Eagan also. Behind the High School. My shop is torn apart right now getting ready for a move into a couple of nice big workshops...

Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Dan
Hi Dan, thanks! If you over by the high school I’m not far away. I’m on Denmark Ave next to Fish Lake. We will have to meet up sometime.

Thanks
Wes

Hello and welcome Wes! Wow, beautiful work!

Could some one talk more about the first Midwest Knife Makers meeting, like when and where.

Marv

Hello and welcome Wes! Wow, beautiful work!

Could some one talk more about the first Midwest Knife Makers meeting, like when and where.

Marv
Thanks Marv!

Go to Facebook and join the group Midwest Knife Makers Guild. The details are in the feed to rsvp. I believe it is April 27 at USA Knife Makers.

Thanks for the information. I went there joined and was promptly accepted. Unfortunately it would be a 4.5 hour round trip for me to come. I will have to give that some thught.

Marv

Hi all - Greetings from Maple Grove, MN!
Nice work on the cutlery!
I'm new to this forum and knifemaking... well knife "handling" is more appropriate. I have put handles on about a half dozen blanks so far and re-handled an old filet knife. Started back in November as a way to give unique Christmas gifts to my Dad and brother. Probably won't get into the forging end of things, but have a few old files around I might try grinding into something resembling a blade. I started with "kits" from Rockler and Woodcraft, but have bought a few cheap blanks on eBay. Waiting until my skills improve before dropping a ton of dough on good blades.
Thanks for the tip above on the Midwest Knifemakers Guild. I joined the FB group and will try to make the meeting at the end of April.
Tim Gaffron
Here's pics of a couple of my knives:
No4 12-28-18  2.JPGIMG_6667.JPG

Last edited:
Back