Hello from Tyler, Texas

Ken

Good morning - I am a new member who is new to the forum and the knife community. Love folders and fixed blades and have always had a slipjoint in my pocket since I was about 12. Didn’t have a mentor so that’s about as far as my knife experience took me until recently.

I have started a small collection - being a newbie they are production knives (ZT, CRK, Benchmade, Spyderco) but am learning that there are many fine custom knife makers out there - like the KD members. My internet searches have turned up knife makers in my area that I didn’t know were there - so I hope to eventually meet them.

Hope you don’t mind if I listen and learn from the masters - and maybe take the plunge and try to make a knife.

Anyway, I am the greenest of the green and please forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

Ken

We all started somewhere so do not be afraid to ask questions. You will find an eclectic mix of tastes and skill levels here but I have found that everyone is more than willing to help especially the "master" level folks. I have gained more knowledge here than anywhere else...

We all started somewhere so do not be afraid to ask questions. You will find an eclectic mix of tastes and skill levels here but I have found that everyone is more than willing to help especially the "master" level folks. I have gained more knowledge here than anywhere else...
Thanks Chris - appreciate the welcome to a newbie.

Thanks for the welcome. Read a few of the threads - lots of good conversation and really impressed with the high level of tech talk. A guy can learn a lot just by listening!

Giday and welcome to the K D forums. The ony stupid question is the one not asked so ask away as you learn and there will always be someone here to give you a good sound (and proven) answer that you can put into your own practice, (or store away till you need it)

Back