Hello from Vancouver Washington!

Lee B

Yesterday I posted the photo below of my first knife and sheath in The New to Knife Making section. It was a bit of a journey getting to this first finished knife. I bought a couple of finished blades from Jantz and before I had a chance to work on them I purchased "How to Make Knives" with Bob Loveless. Stock removal looked interesting, so off I went grinding bevels with a 1x30 sander. After two unsuccessful attempts I decided I needed a" real" grinder. I purchased the plans for a No Weld Grinder and spent the next three months buying parts and building it. The knife in the photograph was the first I ground with the NWG. By the way, the Jantz blades still aren't finished!

I am mainly interested in hunters and skinners and admire the work of Bob Loveless, Dietmar Kressler, and Bob Dozier, among others.

Lee

Attachments

• knife on table (800x600).jpg
    knife on table (800x600).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 9
Welcome Lee
I've learned a lot making the Loveless style hunters, things you can only get by doing.
You are off to a great start.

Mark,

Thank you for the welcome.

I have two more knives of the same stye in progress, then I am going to make an attempt at a couple of Loveless style hunters. I have some Desert Ironwood and Spalted Tamarind that I have been saving specifically for their handles.

Lee

Welcome to the pack! That's a great looking first knife. Lot better than mine fore sure...:rolleyes: Keep it up! Hope to see more of your work.

Back