help finding KA-Wool and ITC-100

curtisk

Gentlemen,

I am looking to build a new forge for damascus forging. The forge I am considering is based loosely on Indian George's design for the burner and blower assembly with Mr. Caffrey's suggestions on size, type of blower, and liner material. Where I am having some difficulty is locating Ka-wool and ITC-100 at a reasonable price. All of that said, any information on dealers of these items would be greatly appreciated.

As always thank you! And a special thanks to IG for posting your forge plans, and to Ed C. for taking the time to answer my seemingly endless inquiries. You guys are awesome!

Thanks Murph.
Curtisk, check out my thread Motors and forge supplies in the "For Sale" forum.
I will be glad to help you out.

As always thank you! And a special thanks to IG for posting your forge plans, and to Ed C. for taking the time to answer my seemingly endless inquiries. You guys are awesome!

No problem, that's what we are here for. Wayne has some good prices.cool 1
PS: Post a pic when you get it done.2thumbs

thanks to each of you guys! Wayne, I'm fixin' to check out the "for sale" forum; IG, I will past the pick as soon as I'm done with it. It may be awhile as I have many "honey dos" to accomplish first. My wife's first name is Thelma and I call her the "Therminator" if that tells you anything. :)

thanks to each of you guys! Wayne, I'm fixin' to check out the "for sale" forum; IG, I will past the pick as soon as I'm done with it. It may be awhile as I have many "honey dos" to accomplish first. My wife's first name is Thelma and I call her the "Therminator" if that tells you anything. :)

Good luck!!! Sounds like you are going to need it. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Might want to post your AO. You might find a local guy who has a bit more on hand than he needs.

And yeah, good luck with the list! ;)

Dave

When you get your Koa-Wool make sure you wear a respirator. I use this stuff all the time in my job and it is wicked on the lungs and sinuses. It helps to put baby powder on any exposed skin before you work with it. The baby powder fills the pores of your skin and won't let the airborne slivers in as easy which greatly cuts down on the itching.

Back