Help - I need to learn about all about Mokume

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I need to learn all about Mokume.
Big secret project I've been helping with now I need to put up learn Mokume Gann.

What works with Mokume?
Anything I should know?

I'll tell you what, you call me and take notes and I'll give you an hour lecture and then you can type it out(which would take me about 8 hours).
Check out the second link

I too would like to learn about making Mokume and i imagine there are others as well.So how about a Mokume making..... thread/ sticky/tutorial/link ???

I too would like to learn about making Mokume and i imagine there are others as well.So how about a Mokume making..... thread/ sticky/tutorial/link ???

Delbert is working on a tutorial now for us. He will have something soon. This week was Mokume week for him. I will also be posting some things soon.

See another forum soon around mokume, engraving, carving, enameling, etc.

I have all the pics ,I just need to upload and put in the commentary, hopefully later today. This will be for mokume in a kiln, doing it in a forge is similar but there are differences too and it is less idiot-proof.2thumbs:D

I love Mokume used as guards and Butt caps on bowies and fighter!!!2thumbs

The pics are up, I'll add the commentary as I can

good deal Del...

I will be creating a forum in the next day or so to support and promote mokume, engraving and other specialty stuff for knives.

Make what posts you need to and we'll move them as needed.

Back