Help me spend my knife money!

Gene, I had to chime back in. When I said buy the best you can afford, I didn't mean the best there is. If all a guy can afford and will be able to afford is a Coote or a Grizzley grinder, go for it. I've heard a number of guys say they started out on one of those and they do beautiful work. I would like to have a small mill but I can't afford a nice knee mill so I will end up with a bench top but I don't plan to settle for the little bitty bench top either.

Please don't think I was making light of anyone who uses what he has or can afford to chase his dream.

Carey

Travis I was surfing through your web site 3 weeks ago . Your doing really nice work for using a 2x42 if you got a grinder with the variable speed ide have to say with having your control with the vfd your quality will improve dramatically. Even sanding wood slowly makes thing better . Like the other guys say buy a better quality mill when the time comes. I went from a 1x30 to the 2x72 KMG clone and it was a new world. I just need to hook up my vfd from my power box and im set. 100% grinder. kellyw

Well guys, based on all the feedback I've gotten I'm definitely going for the grinder. I'm getting much closer with the funds, or I was until I had to buy more knife supplies and a compound miter saw and table saw for an upcoming house remodel. Looks like the grinder is gonna be a while, unfortunately, but the good news is I'll be so busy I probably won't miss it.

Back