Help with Pictures

Keith Willis

I am trying to post a knife,in the For Sale section.For years I
have always downloaded my pics,straight off my computer.
I tried a few hours yesterday,and all this morning,but I cannot get my pic downloaded.It shows they are loading,but they never finish.
I am going to continue to try,but if anyone has any idea,please post

Thanks

God bless,Keith

Keith,

I'd recommend Photobucket for posting pics on the forums. It's free and works great for me and many others.

If you decide to go that route set your preferences to resize pics to "medium" when uploaded to photobucket to get a good size on the forums.

It's pretty darn easy to use photobucket !

Josh

Kieth,

Once you've signed up for your free Photobucket account and you're at your homepage.

1. Click on the link that says "upload now"
2. On the upload page there is a blue link at the bottom "Customize your upload options" Click this link
3. click the bubble beside 640x480 then click save at the bottom of the page. Now when you upload pics from your computer they'll be automatically re-sized and look like this when posted on the forums-
Arkansas150.jpg

4. Now upload pics. Pics will be put in your "default album" until you create more albums and upload pics to them.

5. Posting to the forums-
Now you've got pics in your Photobucket album just open the album to see the pics you've got in there.
when you hover your "mouse arrow thingy" over a pic a couple boxes will pop up on the bottom of that pic
6. Double click inside the box that says " IMG code" to copy then paste this right in your post on the forum an voila- pics in your post.

FWIW- when I'm posting on the forums and want to insert pics I open a second browser window and get that window to Photobucket so I can be on the forum typing my text then click over the photobucket, copy a pic, click back to the forum and paste

Hope this all makes sense ! It's really very user friendly with a little practice.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I'll help if I can.

Take care, Josh

Back