Here is my second knife

LiamLynch

This one was a waste if a perfectly good file but it was free so I don't mind. It is MIA and will never be found. No other pictures exist of this knife or it's sheath. It is a rabeted tang and araldite job with some scrap brass and a perfectly good crown from a red deer antler. That is about it really.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
That wasn't a waste at all. you learned to make a knife! not a whole lot of people can do that. pretty cool rustic dagger look.

I can tell you,my 10th knife didn't look much better....Thats right,it took me a while to catch on.To be honest....not a lot changed on my knives until I found
KD...Read all you can,and take all(well,most all) :3: the advice these guys give you.
Keep at it,you willget it!!

God bless

I dont understand. You set out to make a knife...and it looks as though you got a knife when you were done. So I dont know what the problem is.
I was pretty disappointed with the way my first few knives turned out, but I still have them. I put them in the display cabinet to remind myself of where I started. I am not as good as a lot of guys on this web site, but a lot of people like what I do, and I love to see smiling faces....so I keep on doing it. I try to improve with every effort I make. I may never be a hot item in the knife making world, but when I make a knife, I am in heaven.
Keep going, strive for perfection, and learn from your mistakes.

If anyone is interested, I can confirm that this knife has been destroyed. It had been given to my then lady-friend. Long story short, she isn't a lady or a friend now and she was talking to a friend about how her dad introduced it to a sledgehammer. Only one complete Liam Lynch knife now exists.

They destroyed your knife?

Some of the people in Scotland seem a little strange?

Take what you learned, from making the knife and the girl friend, and move on to the next knife and your next girl friend!

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

They destroyed your knife?

Some of the people in Scotland seem a little strange?

Do you have a daughter Laurence? Depending on circumstances, there are places that would count as a pretty measured response. (Not thinking of you Liam. Closer to home.) :gunsmilie:

Destroyed my knife among other things. We don't talk about that though. The new lady friend was the old ones best friend so I'm sure you can imagine... The next knife is close to completion so I don't really mind

...The new lady friend was the old ones best friend so I'm sure you can imagine...

...um, okay. Sounds as though you are asking for trouble.
Considering what happend to your knife, you might want to consider forging some protective undergarments.

I would but body armour seems to be illegal here. Here dad is a Falklands and Northern Ireland vet as well, scariest guy alive.

Back