Hey to all!

C Craft

Just a howdy from C Craft.
I feel kind of like someone standing up at their first AA meeting, "my name is Cliff and I am a knifemaker"! There I have said it and I feel better! ;):p:D Bruce Bump was bragging about this site so thought I'd see what all the fuss was about! :D
I took a quick look at the members list and I know some of you all from other knife forums and I may be familiar to a few of you. Even though I am relatively new to this I have been building a few knives all of my life and since 2007 for real.
My hearts has been in knives from the 1800’s and have pursued that line as nearly a true passion. However I do like beans huh1 (in other words I like to eat) so occasionally I step out of that time period to delve into something not from the 1800’s!
This has been an equipment building year for me. Anvil and forge, (not quite ready to fire yet), portable band saw, and I am in the process of building a 2x72 KMG clone. I finally got tired of doing all my knives totally by hand. I have learned a lot but used a lot of elbow grease doing my knives to present all by file and sandpaper, at times thought I felt like this :bud:!
Hopefully next year will take me into another chapter in this knife business, as I have also been trying to establish a list of contacts this year that I hope will be beneficial in the future. That is one I learned from Dad. He told me along time ago, “if you do a good job your name and reputation will got around fast enough, do a bad job and your name and reputation will beat you from place to place”! 2thumbs
Anyways those who like me call me, Cliff! Those who don’t, well I just as soon they didn’t call me! :haha: Love the selection of smilies!

Back