Hidden Tang Blade

opaul

Well I figured it was about time to try my hand at a hidden tang knife. I'm using 1095 for the blade steel and using bronze for the bolster. Haven't decided on which wood selection yet but may use several types, one short section behind the bolster and then finish the handle with a different type wood. I'll use silicon bronze for the pin(s).
We are having a power outage at the moment, so I took this picture with candle and flashlight illumination :)

Good for you! I have my first hidden tang profiled out, and guard all fitted up. I back burner the project when I was drilling the tang hole in a block of Kingwood. I screwed up and ended up drilling a hole through the side of the block.

A hidden tang is something I have yet to try. Best of luck to you on the new build. I hope your power comes back on soon. Turning that grinder by hand can be rather slow going ;)

Always another level of learning when making a new style and the hidden tang is one that is more about slow paitent work than anything else.

Back