High Cascade Bowie (outside my box!)

Benr.t

First off the pictures are not up to my standards, but there was no way to fit this big guy in my light box!
This is the second hidden tang knife I have ever done, and I really wanted to push myself. It has a bunch of features I have never tried before.
It has a crested spine that transitions into to the clip. The handle is dyed elk antler, and all the fittings are blued mild steel. I tried an etched and 1000grit hand rubbed finish. I also made a matching frog (another first) for the sheath and am waiting on some snake skin to complete the sheath.
It is not perfect, but I learned a lot along the way.
OAL is 19.5", the blade is 13.75" of 5160.
Any and all comments and critiques are welcome!
Thanks for looking.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

I think you did a great job !! I love the textured gaurd and cap .. Lots of beauty in that piece , you should be proud of it !

I really like it a lot. The texture is great and the lines are fantastic also. Great job.

Alright boys and girls, here it is all wrapped up! I am definitely not Paul Long, but I think it came out alright.
This knife and sheath are basically all firsts for me, and I am pleased how they came out.
As tedious as hand stitching this monster was; I take pride in my knives being 100% sole authorship and that includes doing sheath work.

Let me know what you guys think, don't worry I can take it! ;)

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

I think the whole package came out friggin AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice job and Im lovin the sheath too !!!!!

Back