Hog sticker

hobbe

After a long hunting season & and mowing from the city to a small farm, i´ll got some time and space to do another "Cleaner".

In Sweden when you hunt you have to have access to a trained tracking dog with in 2 hours, both I and a couple of friends have dog´s for this purpose.

some times it´s not possible to shoot, then we have to use the knife... all from Elk, Deer to Hogs.

I´ts not allowed to hunt with "Catch dog´s" on animals who´s not wounded.

Elmax steel ( Seved made the blade ), 59HRC
yellow vulcan fiber
jute micarta
steel tubes

tanned leather.
st4b.JPG
st4a.jpg

J.

That's a nice knife, hunting elk with it though? Sounds a little dangerous. I should go over to Sweden to do some hunting, there aren't many boar here.

the knife is 320 mm, blade 200 mm, 30 mm wide.

I only use this knife when animal already are wounded ( hunting or traffic), most of the time it´s on Boar´s. if it´s on elk, the dogs is all over and the elk is laying down.

the boars in Sweden that we hunt is from 30 kg - 200 kg,but mostly they around 70-90 kg, i think the biggest boar that been killed in Sweden was around 250 kg.

in January i had two big ones, 127 kg & 134 kg ( both of them did get some piece of me.. 8 stiches on my left fore arm from one and 4 on my hand, they have sharp fang´s..., ) the knife works well on big ones. But i prefer my 9,3x62....

J.

Last edited:
Back