How do we Spam the Spammers ????

rhinoknives

Hello KDer's

This weekend I have seen about a 100 spam posts here from spammers.

Everything I never wanted to buy with no relation to knives.

So how do we return the favor to this characters?

Suggestions??

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

you don't or you just end up getting hammered with emails or stolen identity issues.
kill them off and move on.

you don't or you just end up getting hammered with emails or stolen identity issues.
kill them off and move on.

Truth. Unfortunately there's little to nothing that can really be done other than ignoring them and having the mods delete the account. Emailing a spammer (or what's likely just a spam bot) is the worst thing you could do, as they'll just log your address and send you a billion other emails of garbage and nonsense, possibly containing viruses and/or trackers that could potentially welcome identity theft issues.

BTW, on the bottom left corner of every post there is a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle of it. Clicking on that allows you to report the post and give a brief description of why you are reporting.

I usually just type "SPAM" and submit. This helps the moderators narrow things down a little quicker and get rid of the problem(s).

I too try to help the moderators out by notifying them if I see something objectonable.

BTW, on the bottom left corner of every post there is a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle of it. Clicking on that allows you to report the post and give a brief description of why you are reporting.

I usually just type "SPAM" and submit. This helps the moderators narrow things down a little quicker and get rid of the problem(s).

Andrew,
Thanks for this tip to report the spam on the triangle and making it a bit easier for the Mods to delete the spam.

I know I'm just another knife dog here but seeing all the spam when I log on always feels like some uninvited party left a hot steaming pile in the middle of our living room with no intention of cleaning it up.

I believe in email Karma like other kinds of actions and these people will have their day!

We should have a Sticky somewhere "If we don't already?" about this issue mentioning the
spam reporting triangle.

All I found before was the "Rate this thread" button.

Thanks again.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Andrew,
Thanks for this tip to report the spam on the triangle and making it a bit easier for the Mods to delete the spam.

I know I'm just another knife dog here but seeing all the spam when I log on always feels like some uninvited party left a hot steaming pile in the middle of our living room with no intention of cleaning it up.

I believe in email Karma like other kinds of actions and these people will have their day!

We should have a Sticky somewhere "If we don't already?" about this issue mentioning the
spam reporting triangle.

All I found before was the "Rate this thread" button.

Thanks again.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

No problem Laurence. It does seem like the spam has gotten a bit thicker over the last week or two... not sure why. I do understand your sentiment though.

I want to read about knives! Not purses, jackets, and "special pills"....

Last edited:
The spam guys use scripts and spam farms. They get a human to crack the entry process, then they write an automated script to post a bunch of spam. They got past out filter recently and even changing the log in process hasn't helped stop them. I will keep looking for an answer to block them.

Back