How do you display your collection?

Nothing special, just starting to build a somewhat respectable collection. I store them on my stand-up shotgun rack, on the wall is my rifle rack.

A cheapo Frost Cutlery knife, USN Mark I Geneva naval utility knife I believe, Gerber Profile, Smith and Wesson HRT Dagger, Yard sale knife dubbed the Edge, another Frost Cutlery knife but it's a great EDC, a cheap butterfly, a John Deere Deerling, a very cheap folder can't even sharpen the steel lol,
1003660w.jpg

A custom knife by a fella in Aiken, SC. Broken tip, plan to re profile it when I get my belt sander, and another by Frost Cutlery.
1003662.jpg

My local knife shop is just starting out, has a few custom knives and sells a lot of frost cutlery and I buy from there to support local business, and they aren't bad knives for the money really.

JW Winchester

A few months back fellow forumite Paul Kessler brought the JW Winchester company to my attention. Until that time I had been known for my classic "Gold Towel of Excellence" knife display. After Paul's post I decided to get serious and reach out the Jeff Slobodian at JW Winchester. Posted below is the result of a quick 4 month process and I could not be happier. As we all have waited far longer for our knives I thought this was pretty fast. The quality of product Jeff makes is second to none. This fine display cabinet is a piece of furniture that rivals anything else in my house. Pardon my limited photo capabilities but I hope you can see the craftsmanship that Jeff put's into these pieces. I HIGHLY recommend a JW Winchester display for anyone serious in showing their pieces in style.

(Larger photos posted for detail)

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Number 2 is already in the works, Jon

Very very nice, looks like an old piece, (that's a good thing).
Are the feet cast? The drawer pulls are a nice touch.

Thanks for sharing.
Mark

Several years ago my wife decided she wanted new furniture. I had just started collecting knives and she came to me and said "I just found the perfect way to display your knives!" Then she showed me a large square coffee table and two rectangular end tables. The all have a drawer under a glass top. The drawer is lined with some kind of cardboard insert that is black velvet on the visible side. That is where I keep my collection. It looks really nice. The reason my wife showed them to me is because they were cherry wood and we had all oak furniture. As you can guess, we wound up with all new livingroom and dining room furniture because nothing we had would go with the new cherry tables. I got suckered, but I didn't mind because I still got a great way to disply my knives. We've now been married 42 years and she sure knows how to work me!

Very nice collections and display cases guys i don't have any nice enough to put in a case to display yet.I use most the ones ive made and have them on a bench next to where i sharpen everything.

Back