How much will it cost me ?

SVanderkolff

What will it cost me for a leather sewing machine that work all the time every time. I have a Tippmann Boss which is tempermental. I never have been able to get it to work on every stich every time I use it. I only make sheaths when I have to so maybe 30 a year and I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend a bunch of time fine tuning the Tippmann everytime I have to use it. Now from what I have heard if you are mechanically inclined and know how to talk to machines then these are wonderful companions but for those of us who are the "turn it on and it better work" type, maybe not so great. SO back to my question, what do you recommend for a leather sewing amchine that will work evey time all the time.
Thanks
Steve

First of all Steve, I have to ask the obvious. Are you "short stroking"your Tippman. To sew properly, the hand lever has to make FULL top to stop and bottom to stop arc. Anything less will result is skips stitches an all manner of other inconveniences.

Next, all the good machines are priced about the same, and they are all of very similar quality and they all sew pretty much the same. I'm talking about the Juki 441 clones. My personal favorite and the one I recommend is the Cobra 4. You can google for more information by looking for "leathersewingmachineco" or Cobra sewing machines.

Paul

Back