I hate thieves

Cliff, when I bought my house where I'm at now it was 33 years ago. all my neighbors were old, I watched them all move away or die.
Most of those homes are rentals now, and, unfortunatly I believe that is where the problem lies.

But on a bright side I had the dream of owning some hunting land about 17 years ago and bought 30 acres in the panhandle, I plan on moving up there in 3.5 - 4 years.
If were both still kicking then, you'll have to come over and knock down a deer.

Sounds like a plan. I always tell folk I am still kicking just not as high as I use to!! LOL

18664166_10155221948854070_411166452717573869_n.jpg 12469640_487196458134067_4185048934721453656_o.jpg 13315436_10154131255879070_5581989851640243356_n.jpg
Sounds like a plan. I always tell folk I am still kicking just not as high as I use to!! LOL

LOL....you got a way with words, Cliff!

Three years ago I got a large inheritance after my dad passed.He was a WWII combat vet, pow, had his 19th birthday in a pow camp. It affected him his whole life...didn't trust the gov't much...made us target shoot every saturday as the vietnam war was still on when I was small...kept us shooting after that ended...cause ya never know!!Lol....

He dreamed about getting out of the city and being more self sufficient. He would read Mother Earth News like it was the bible....

So with the inheritance he left me I wanted to buy something to honor him...not a camp trailer, large screen, new sofas, ya get the drift!

I bought 40 acres up in the mountains above Craig Montana...it has two cabins on it...one cabin is built above the barn. It has a slow well with the sweetest water you ever tasted. We own the three peaks behind the cabins...the view from there lets you see the Missouri river and Holter Lake. Huge deer...lots o' antelope...bear...mountain lion...one time huge cat tracks all around the barn...trying for the rabbit who lives in the barn. He "moved out" when the ermine moved in...and took care of our rodent population.

But I never seem to find time to get there. It's lovely...no TV, No cell service, A septic tank inside commodes, showers, two fenced meadows, a garden area, another fenced pasture, one neighbor who declared that he kinda likes his privacy...sweet....and we can't see each other. The first time he came by he stayed down on the road and shouted up to me, "Can I come up and visit...?"...my kind of neighbor.

I dream about moving there but at 56 and poor health...probably just a nice place to visit...

So...I actually have the 500 acres...just not quite where I need them. It seems when I go there I am always working/fixing while everyone else is relaxing. When I get home i AM refreshed and a little tired...

just need to go there more often....Dad would have loved it there!

Last edited:
Ted, you are about to make me cry at this point. Don't really know what I am capable of anymore but if it were me, by myself I would be there in a heartbeat. I couldn't do that to the wife though. She don't have much of a pioneer spirit. Her idea of camping is the best hotel she can afford!! It hadn't been for her I was headed west or up to Alaska when I got out of the Army! But alas I fell in love and,...........40yrs this December. She has stuck with me thru thick and thin. So don't regret never going!
Oh by the way that first pic is a Musk Thistle. That pretty purple flower is a 1000 seeds. We had them in Nebraska when I was a kid and they will take over pasture land and kill out everything underneath of them. Very invasive in the late 60's and 70's they forced folks with them on their land to spray to kill them in an effort to stop them. Never worked. All it did was cause all the Pheasants to have 7 eggs and maybe only one or two would hatch. Supposedly brought over here from France on the heels of someone's dirty dairy boots. Really...................!!
Love the pics Bud!!!

Ted if you need someone to use that place more often I happen to know someone who doesn't live to far away.;)

Yea, that's a beautiful place right there. the only thing that would keep me from moving there would be no electric.
solar panals are nice but wow the start up cost are huge, and the batteries don't last forever.

See Ted, you gave everyone a ray of hope and sunshine. Life is funny sometimes, we make these great plans for the future. But the future dictates itself. Truth be told, my mind still says I can do anything I could do in my twenties!

Now the body well it doesn't feel that way. It kind leans toward,......... hey remember when you use jump off any 8' building and take the landing in your knees.
The knee groans and says oh, yes I remember that.

The shoulder hurts and says hey remember when they dropped that 600 lb. beam on me.

Or about that time the chest says, hey remember when they cracked your ribs and did a quadruple bypass on you.

Then the back says, remember the five car pile-up you got into and the fusion surgery, on three lowest levels!

Then the brain says shut-up guys, remember I went through a two month slow brain bleed and you nearly stroked out, and remembering all this is too much.

The feet say don't forget us, the nerve pain will be back tonight and I say oh shut up, I am ready to lay this ole bag of bones down!

Now I lay me down to sleep, if I should die before I wake, Lord tell me again how, I won't hurt in the next life!! Amen

Actually Ted my biggest worry is my mind. I keep looking in the mirror and this old fart is looking back at me but, when I turn to look he is gone, and when I look back at the mirror,............ well one of these days I am afraid I am gonna turn around and he won't run!!

Last edited:
Back