I hope to make a Camillus pocket knife vice

Ozblade

I am a wannabee pocket knife repair person. I have seen pics of a Camillus knife vice which looks like a slingshot frame as it lays on the bench.

I am seeking the view of the attached internal fittings that act on the knife as it holds the it.

Do the fittings or projections push on the vice on the backspring assembly of the pocket knife? If not is there another completly different reason for this?

I am keen to find out all I can with a view to possibly fabricate one for myself.

Being an Aussie the chances of finding something like that down here are slim to none.

I have a pics of the aluminium frame laying down but the details on the internal projection are near impossible to see.

I am grateful for anything you guys can tell me.

Thanks in advance
May you blokes all have a great Xmas
Oz

Hi Drew,
Thanks heaps mate. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much for making the effort to provide me with this information.
It tells me everything I wanted to know.

It is little tools like this one this one that make bench tasks so much easier to perform.

A happy Xmas to you and yours MATE!
thanks again
OZBLADE

Last edited:
Good find Drew - that looks handy for any slipjoint. I might use that idea myself for the next slipjoint I make.

Just a lil Gee whiz info Camillus Cutery is on 9 mile creek a great place for you trout fishermen out there.I use to hit it every opening day as a kid.

I need to make one of those. I have seen one before but didn’t know the name.
I’ve got a few slippies on the radar in the next few months and this will help I think.
I’ve also seen a tool that uses a plate with pins and a cam lever to push the center spring in place.

Back