I might have struck gold.

Tod Lowe

Hey guys.
A kid I work with tells me his dad deals in antiques and bought a tannery for some of the old stuff in there but he doesn't want the leather that was in there. He said there is stacks of it.:eek::cool:
He said I can have all of it if I make him a knife. He just got moved to the top of my list.:D
Hopefully its good stuff I can use. It will be nice to have the freedom of experimenting with out worrying about screwing up.
His sister is in town this week and its about an hour drive to the storage shed so I have to wait until next week to check it out.

If I have enough and its good quality I might offer some up here for a very very good price. Wish us luck.;)

Sounds like you may have hit on a great score.See if you can find out the name of the tannery,it might come in handy in case they specialized in some specific type of leather.Good luck brother.Dave2thumbs

Very cool man! 2thumbs

Cody Chestnutt "Look Good in Leather
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VX6p4hQ5U"]YouTube - Official "Look Good In Leather" Music Video by Cody ChesnuTT (feat. in AXE Commercial)[/ame]

Sounds like you may have hit it big. I think we are all wishing you the best on this and we're standing by dreaming of what you may offer up for sale.

Murph

You guys are cracking me up!
Even I would look good in an all leather handmade suit.:D
Im trying not to get to pumped up about it.
Its probably all already died hot pink or something knowing my luck!
I will keep us posted.

Can't wait to hear of your findings. and I'm always up for a good deal.

Paul

Becareful or Obama will come and get you. :p

Just a quick info post, lets please watch our posting when it comes to politics or religion. Both are volatile subjects that can only end in heartache and headache.

This is a sheathmakers sub forum on a dedicated knife forum, nothing morem nothing less.

Nothing pointed at you Wade, I just see an opportunity to cut it while its green. :)

I wouldnt mind all the lady customers.....its the others the pink may attract that bothers me.huh1

no no obviously he means douchebags...:p
1163955324-douchebag.jpg

WOW! I could think of so many things that are made of leather. I will be putting a list together for the rest of the week.

Shankmaker, any update on the tannery containing copious amounts of leather?

Ran into a slight snag. I was starting to think the kid was B.S. me but he called the other day to show me some property I could hunt on. Turns out he had a big blowout with his dad of some kind.:confused: I will be working on patching that relationship this week and giving the kid some guidance.;) I work with him just every other week because of shift rotation so I need to work on him hard this week.
Dont worry....im not letting this deal fall thru.

Ha.....locked the kid down for this Sat.
We are making the hour trip to his dads storage unit to get the leather.
He is not sure how much is there. Just said he seen a few stacks of it in there last time he was there. He said his dad used to make knives a long time ago and has a bandsaw he would probably sell so this could be an interesting trip.cool 1

Back