Interesting "Artifact" from Rolling

tkroenlein

I etched and stonewashed this blade today. When I got it out of the tumbler, I noticed this interesting(?) stripes all the way through the steel. I cut this out at about 15Deg to the length of sheet, so I'm assuming this is some type of something leftover from rolling. This is "European" 80CrV2.

I've pretty much never etched a piece of steel that didn't reveal something I didn't expect. I didn't notice this after etching, just after the tumble. F20A49C6-DA8B-4B2B-A39E-FA1B9DCF6EA5.jpegE55E4E26-644C-45EE-8ECB-2D33FF1754CD.jpeg

I etched and stonewashed this blade today. When I got it out of the tumbler, I noticed this interesting(?) stripes all the way through the steel. I cut this out at about 15Deg to the length of sheet, so I'm assuming this is some type of something leftover from rolling. This is "European" 80CrV2.

I've pretty much never etched a piece of steel that didn't reveal something I didn't expect. I didn't notice this after etching, just after the tumble. View attachment 79209View attachment 79210
Almost certainly something from the manufacturing process. Looks pretty cool, though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back