Intro to my work (heavy pix)

PoolQs

As stated in my intro, I have only been making knives as a hobby for the last 1 1/2 yrs.
I have been in the restaurant biz professionally for 20+ and most of that spent in the kitchen.
My daily routine is using my knives approx 6-8 hrs daily and teaching/mentoring my cooks and chefs.
I am currently a chef manager for a chain of 15 units. My love for knives and cutlery is just an
extension of my work. Here are some of the knives that I have made.
I learn from every knife that I build, and that's why I like to post my end products so many of
you can help me fine tune my skills.
My shop have very limited machinery since I only build 1 knife a month. To this point, every knife
I have made has been done on a 1x30 from start to finish. With that said, I am limited to some of
the finer aspects of knifemaking. In the future, I will be stepping up to a 2x72.

Any critiques or comments are very welcomed !!! Troy

2nd knife made - 1084 with SS bolsters, acid etched
photo12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

4th - 1084 with mycarta front, brass spacer and pin, spalted walnut hadle
39a889ab-4025-456f-8fe8-a42982b37404.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

5&6 - Random Damascus, SS bolster and pins, purple heart handles
photo3-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#9 - 440C skinner, SS bolster and pommel, hidden pins, sambar stag
use2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#11 - 440c bowie, handmade baseball bat handle, mycarta spacers
photo5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#12 440c filet knife, mycarta camo handle, homemade mosaic pins
ryansedit.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#14 - 440C Boning knife (KITH), SS dovetail bolsters, brass pins, padouk handle
photo4-5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#15 - 1084 hunter stick tang - SS guard and pommel, mycarta spacers, leather stacked handle
image4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#16 & 17 - 440C Chef and paring knife, SS bolster, natural coral handle
IMG_0075.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#19 - 440C Chef knife (for my personal use), SS bolster and pommel, hidden pins, cocobola handle
IMG_0805.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking at my progressions. Thanks to everyone that has helped me get to this point of my hobby.
Again, any comments or critiques are very welcomed !!! Troy

Yes, Anthony said. Looks like they're all very well done from here. I like #9, I've been designing one similar to it, and can't wait to make it.

You've progressed very well.

Don

Nice work!

Can't help wonder how they would look if you had a 2x72. That would probably let you make more than one a month. Guess that would take the fun out of it! LOL

Back