Introducing JAWS, my latest friction folder!!

John M Cohea

Just recently completed for a client.Scales are lower bear jaw with dark colored and eep textured mammoth ivory bolsters. The pivot wahers are the headsof square cut wrought iron nails, circa 1872, with a steel pivot pin.Liners and spacer are mild steel and the pins are copper. Sheath is rawhide covered veg-tan, and the display stand is Mississippi River driftwood, recovered at Rosedale, MS.This is a big'un, with the OAL being 11"fro blade tip to canine tooth tip!
The fantastic photos are by Chuck Ward.
4982744563_61f56c8308_b.jpg

4983343934_3b4173544e_b.jpg

4988038328_320b288ca2_b.jpg

You Sir, Have received my first
2v1s18j.jpg
on this forum ,)
Thank you for posting this Inspiring Artifact !

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one amazing, well thought out piece of mountain man art. Mind blowing!

What's the blade made of, you didn't mention that in the rest of your specs? Also what's the other
curly bit of iron poking out of that bag on the display stand?

Thanks guys!Dan the blade is 1080. The twisted rod on the display stand is there to keep the sheath standing upright.

I am the proud owner of this piece. I have a large collection of Johns work and this is the BEST.I cant thank you enough. KT

Last edited:
may not be the best as usability
but it's really fantastic mystery and disturbing
the knife better than I have seen so far
I do not know what to say ....... very good

John,
that's...
um...
damm. I ain't got no words...
Let's just say I will go out and wrassle 50 bears for ya just to get the material for you to make me one...
Incredible.

I know this was a month or so ago, but I have to bump this up to tell John what a great piece of art that is! A perfect example of form and function working flawlessly together.

Back