Ironwood and bronze hunter for Big Rick...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's one I just finished up for our friend Big Rick. A really nice hunter with some desert ironwood and bronze fittings. The ironwood has amazing depth that I have a hard time capturing. The hamon also has some cool 'ghost' activity above the transition line that I also didn't capture very well. Maybe see some use soon if it gets there in time?? :)

Specs:
Hand forged from 1075, clay quenched and etched
8 1/4" overall with a 3 3/4" blade, .195" at the ricasso with a nice full distal taper
Rounded spine and ricasso edge for comfort
Bronze fittings with double coined bronze spacers
Desert ironwood handle

All comments welcome.

I saw one of John's hunters posted on the forums a while back and thought I gotta have one of those. I spoke to him and told him exactly what I was looking for and left it with him, well I have to say this piece has exceeded all expectations, a real beauty.
I will be taking this along with my new custom built Blaser.308 to the Highlands of Scotland after some big red stags shortly.
A BIG THANK YOU JOHN! super knife can't wait to get in my hand and put to use.

Wow, that's great. I love the extra details of the coined spacers and the scalloped section at the butt end.

If you're passing through Penicuik on your way to the highlands you wouldn't want to miss the opertunity to show off your knife to a interested teenager.

John, you really shouldn't post your knives, I need a dinner suit before I buy one of your knives. You're just making me want stuff I can't have.

Thank you guys for the kind words. I really appreciate it!

clean and elegant!

How do you like Gladwin?!

Liking it here. My kind of weather and climate. Except the summers. :) I actually grew up here. I've just been away for a long time. Getting back to my roots I guess. ;)

Back