Ironwood and Ebony Hunter

I like it LOTS - you sure got the pattern to come out nice in etch. The handle is very nicely done. I do have a question, in the bottom photo, what is the "dip" and black spot? Shadow or a mark in the metal? If a mark it looks like it would grind out very easy. Still, I do like the knife.

Ken H>

what is the "dip" and black spot? Shadow or a mark in the metal? If a mark it looks like it would grind out very easy. Still, I do like the knife.

Ken H>[/QUOTE]
Dip is reflection of the heater vent in the ceiling. Black spot is my cell phone. Spine is very shiny.:) Guess I need to edit the photo.

Shucks, don't even need to look close, just a glance shows it's a hand hand holding cell phone. That shows what a good job you did and how shiny the metal is.

what is the "dip" and black spot? Shadow or a mark in the metal? If a mark it looks like it would grind out very easy. Still, I do like the knife.

Ken H>
Dip is reflection of the heater vent in the ceiling. Black spot is my cell phone. Spine is very shiny.:) Guess I need to edit the photo.[/QUOTE]
I thought it looked like you holding your cell phone or camera, and your belly button was showing. Beautiful knife.

Very cool knife, I love the handle combo. I have looked at ordering some Alabama Damascus billets but have not pulled the trigger. How was that stuff to work with?

. How was that stuff to work with?
No problems so far. I purchased enough at the Arkansas knife show to make six knives and if I run into anything I'll let you know. My son coaches baseball with Chad Nichols' of Nichols Damascus and I was gifted a piece from him. I made them both a knife from it and it's awesome stuff. More expensive than Alabama Damascus but they both work well. Both companies are owned by great guys and they love what they do.

No problems so far. I purchased enough at the Arkansas knife show to make six knives and if I run into anything I'll let you know. My son coaches baseball with Chad Nichols' of Nichols Damascus and I was gifted a piece from him. I made them both a knife from it and it's awesome stuff. More expensive than Alabama Damascus but they both work well. Both companies are owned by great guys and they love what they do.
Good to know, thanks. I want to order some but I am struggling with that bear inside that keeps roaring, "dummy, you know how to forge weld, make your own". We will see who wins but my money is on the bear...

Beautiful knife. Well done.

I especially like the placement of the white liner.

Sandwiching it between the black is an very nice touch.

The entire package is homerun.

Back