Is Cryo necessary for AEB-L?

Sean Jones

I have two AEB-L blades that I'm getting ready to send out for heat treat. It looks like most places charge extra for Cryo, albeit not much. I'm not looking to be cheap but if it's not a necessity I'd like to save a few dollars.

Also Peters heat treat charges 32.00 a piece for lots smaller than 4. I understand why but is there any other heat treat places that are more economical for just a couple blades?

Thanks guys. Texas Knifemakers Supply it is. Very reasonable.

Tracy, have you thought about adding a heating treating service to USAknifemaker?

Tracy, have you thought about adding a heating treating service to USAknifemaker?
I've heard good things about JT at JT Custom Knives. I'm sending him 3 blades tomorrow. My first AEB-L blades. He offers surface grinding along with heat treating your blades to a specified hardness. Maybe when we get our blades back we can compare notes.

I've heard good things about JT at JT Custom Knives. I'm sending him 3 blades tomorrow. My first AEB-L blades. He offers surface grinding along with heat treating your blades to a specified hardness. Maybe when we get our blades back we can compare notes.
JT is good guy, but you'll need to search on Jarod Todd to find his site. With the JT Custom Knives search JT's site turned up on down the page.
https://www.jarodtodd.com/

Thanks lucius...that could be helpful. I'll be shipping mine tomorrow.

Many times and it’s just not worth the potential issues.

Back