Is there a tool for this?

Hahaha everybody made me paranoid. Now I have a tool I will probably never use again. Well I’ll need it but I won’t be able to find it.
Yep. I think I've used my snap ring pliers twice in two years. But it's one of those tools when you need it, it's the only thing that will do.

We always called them Jesus clips.....every time you try to take one of it goes flying and you end up say "Jesus where did that go!" :p

I think I will create a “I don’t have that tool box” throw all the tools I bought to use once in there. Then when I need it again I can check that box. Those Star bits, hole cutters, 2 foot long bit. Although I really need to work on having place for everything and everything in its place.

Yep. I think I've used my snap ring pliers twice in two years. But it's one of those tools when you need it, it's the only thing that will do.

Same here. It’s times like this that really make you appreciate Harbor Freight. I like to buy nice tools when I’m going to use them constantly, but for stuff that I’ll need about the 12th day of Never, HF is the ticket. HF has some gems, too. My snap ring pliers weren’t one of them. But for the $5 I think I paid they’re good enough.

Ha ha, yea I got my snap ring pliers at horrible freight because I figured I'd use them maybe once a year. and while they do work, their the only plier type tool I've ever used that actually falls apart in your hand before you use them....but they do work.

Ha ha, yea I got my snap ring pliers at horrible freight because I figured I'd use them maybe once a year. and while they do work, their the only plier type tool I've ever used that actually falls apart in your hand before you use them....but they do work.

Some snap ring pliers are slip jointed so as to be interchangeable between inside and outside snap rings. They will come apart easily.

Years ago I used to play as a mechanic so I have a couple 3 sets in my tool box. Indispensable at times, other wise....?

ymmv

Those blue points are what's supposed to be made and sold, Horrible Freight has a different idea of what snap ring pliers are,ha ha !

Those blue points are what's supposed to be made and sold, Horrible Freight has a different idea of what snap ring pliers are,ha ha !

I sprang for the deluxe set with the little packet of various sized interchangeable tips- to ensure that you have five options that don’t fit.

I think I will create a “I don’t have that tool box” throw all the tools I bought to use once in there. Then when I need it again I can check that box. Those Star bits, hole cutters, 2 foot long bit. Although I really need to work on having place for everything and everything in its place.
I would lose the toolbox. :D

Back