Ivory for Scrimshaw

Keith Willis

Was wondering if anyone may have some ivory scraps that they would sell me? Would really like to find some pcs off
old piano keys. I have used the bone from pet supply stores but would like to find some ivory.
Thanks guys

God bless

Keith, are you just looking to practice or do you really need ivory? There is some pretty good imitation stuff out there you can practice on.

Keith - have you looked at the latest gov'ment rulings on ivory? Could get messy and still have NO affect on poaching in Africa. Heck, some states have even banned mammoth ivory.... I guess they're concerned about them things becoming extinct or something.

As Jim says, there's some good imitation ivory to practice on.

Ken H>

Thanks guys, hey Jim I still have that piece you sent me, I still practice on it. Good thing about it is it's thick enough if I mess up
I just sand it off and start over

God bless

Keith, I've got some deer antler that you could play with. It's not ivory, but would work okay to practice on. Just pretend that one of those tines is a tusk off a big ol' bull elephant.

Keith,

Keith

I was surfing the internet and found a site that sells pre-ban elephant ivory. The web site is "Fields Ancient Ivory". I haven't used them yet so I don't have any experience with them.

Good luck

Grizzly Bear

Back