Jason Volkert Kith 2019

OK so I Brought the Hamon out on the blade. I know I said
it In the beginning of the WIP but I'll say it again, This is not A HOW 2. This is just HOW I DO IT. After I fit the guard I did the hamon on this 1. First I paint the guard shoulder with nail polish to resist the acid. The blade was already up to 600g at this point. So I etch the blade in ferric for a min or 2 pull it out sand the hole blade with 1000g paper put it back in the acid for a min or 2 then sand with 1500g paper, put it in the acid again then depending on the look I want I either scrub it with flitz or scrub it with 1500g silicon carbide powder mixed with WD40. 9 times out of 10 I use the silicon carbide powder.
Here is a pic of what it looks like.
ctpVeEF.jpg

VqwT1TK.jpg

ZFKsfBY.jpg

Xvpna8s.jpg

Let me know what you think

OK so I Brought the Hamon out on the blade. I know I said
it In the beginning of the WIP but I'll say it again, This is not A HOW 2. This is just HOW I DO IT. After I fit the guard I did the hamon on this 1. First I paint the guard shoulder with nail polish to resist the acid. The blade was already up to 600g at this point. So I etch the blade in ferric for a min or 2 pull it out sand the hole blade with 1000g paper put it back in the acid for a min or 2 then sand with 1500g paper, put it in the acid again then depending on the look I want I either scrub it with flitz or scrub it with 1500g silicon carbide powder mixed with WD40. 9 times out of 10 I use the silicon carbide powder.
Here is a pic of what it looks like.
ctpVeEF.jpg

VqwT1TK.jpg

ZFKsfBY.jpg

Xvpna8s.jpg

Let me know what you think
Jason, I think that looks outstanding. The question now becomes "what brand of used motor oil do you soak it in ?hmmmmm? " just joshin y'all. Need to lighten up some, besides, I gotta go collect some cow pee. we don't have no stinkin horses.

Jason, I think that looks outstanding. The question now becomes "what brand of used motor oil do you soak it in ?hmmmmm? " just joshin y'all. Need to lighten up some, besides, I gotta go collect some cow pee. we don't have no stinkin horses.
Didn't immediately follow the chain of thought, but now I have to smile quite mischieviously.

Back