Jerry Fisk blends WTC I & II steel with Geo Washington tree...seriously

Buddy Thomason

Thanks to Jerry for asking me to shoot this remarkable creation and tip 'o the hat for the patron who made it possible. Per Jerry:

"The Damascus was made from steel from tower one and two of the trade center and has a sun rise pattern.
The blade has 342 layers, which is a missing man weld [like the missing man formation the Air Force does about a fallen comrade] as there were 343 firemen and policemen that died that day.

The guard and pommel cap are from building two. The ferrule is a two piece ferrule of building one in front and building two on the back side of the ferrule. You can see that there is a separation of coloring.

The handle is from the George Washington Horse Chestnut tree. He planted 13 trees, one for each colony. This was the last tree and it was cut down about the year 2000. This was the tree planted for the Georgia colony.
The gold inlay is by maker. The knife is patterned after the recognized National knife, The Bowie knife.

The owner was there the day after the fall of the trade center handing out medicine and helping any way he could. He wanted this as a reminder of that day."

Paul Long made the handsome sheath with frog and flush belt loop on the back. Paul says, "Sheath is 100% USA Prime leather with Beaver Tail inlay. Beaver was from Colorado."

The specs:
OAL 16 1/2 inches
Blade 11 inches
Weight 18.4 oz

orig.jpg

If that's not the knife of the Century, I don't know what is.
Great job, Jerry.
Flawless photo, Buddy.

Thanks for sharing.
Steve

Back