Jigged buff horn skinner.

Tod Lowe

Hey Guys. This knife isnt finished yet. First time using this jigged buff horn and I wasnt real sure how to finish it so I tried to buff it with 3 different compounds finishing with pink scratchless. Im not sure how to get the little white lines out of the jigged part..?? It looks pretty good though imo and this jigged horn makes an excellent grippy handle for a user. If anybody has a good finishing technique for this buff horn feel free to share because I plan on using more.:57:
ATS 34
60 HRC
Jigged buff horn.

Buff horn skinner..jpg

Looks great to me as is Tod but I've never used buff horn so maybe someone will chime who does. I like that design and look a lot though- great job.

Very nice Tod I really like this one, I've used the Jigged bone once and it finished much like yours...I would just say a light scrub with soap & water.

Gill

Thanks Fellas for the good words and the cleaning tip. I have tried scrubbing it Gill but I guess thats how its supposed to look with the white lines in it.
This one is for a a co workers/friends young son for Christmas. They are hardcore traditional bowhunters/deerhunters so I know this knife will get plenty of use throughout its life.

Tod
Great looking knife, looks to be a good feeling user.
You miche try WD-40 and a tooth brush. (wear safety glasses or a face shield) sometimes you need somthing to disolve the wax in the buffing compound.

God Bless
Mike

I use a small brass brush on a dremel. Don't use wd-40 on anything that is glued it will desolve the glue.
The brush cleans it out good and is quick.
Percy

You can use coarse boat rubbing compound it is used to clean up fiberglass boats, it is greaseless and you can get it out of bone or any porse material, used to use automotive compound but the new stuff is really fine. You can use a fiber type brush in a foredom, works great on bone, if you don't want to polish the metal parts tape them off with masking tape.

Back