John Walters

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I've been making knives here in Hawaii for about 30 years. Although I learned how to make knives using stainless steel and the stock removal method for the last 10-12 years I've been working pretty much exclusively with concrete cutting saw blades. I make a lot of short machetes of my own design and other smaller knives.

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to being part of something that reaches out so far. Even though I live in a great place, sometimes it's nice to reach out to others in the knife community to find our what is happening and to share information and techniques. I like to work a lot with concrete cutting saw blades and I've been looking for information on others that have used it as well. Its kind of strange to read info on how unsuitable it is for knives when I've been using it for at least the last 10 -12 years and have never had a problem with it in any of my knives, from short machetes to smaller knives. I differentially heat treat all of my carbon steel knives and all of them have the same type of hamon you can see in the pictures I have in my album.

I did throw a couple of pictures into an album, but I don't know how to attach them to a reply and I since know squat about navigating and posting on the forum any guidance would be appreciated.

John

Back