Just Finished #6 and #7...

Steven Long

Had a lot of fun making these. A hunter style knife and a camp knife.

Knife5and6002_zps2dd99575.jpg

Knife5and6003_zpsea21cfb9.jpg

Knife5and6004_zps67e1889e.jpg

Knife5and6005_zpsa5205cfb.jpg

Knife5and6009_zpsa5220395.jpg

Knife5and6010_zpsec2d8924.jpg

yeah, very well done, and cleanly executed. I like them both a lot! Now start tapering those tangs ;)

Wow, those are knice! ;) Now give us the specs on them!

Thanks, Don! I forgot about that...

Hunter:

5/32" O1
Natural canvas micarta
1/8" G10 Liners
1/8" black micarta pins
OAL: 8"
Cutting edge: 3.5"

Camp Knife:

1/8" O1
Stabilized Maple Burl
G10 liners
1/8" stainless steel pins
1/4" stainless steel lanyard tube
OAL: 8.5"
Cutting edge: 4"

Nice job Steve. They look really comfortable in the hand . Your work is getting better and better.

Looks like you turned the learning curve into a speed bump. That's some nice clean work. When I see talent like that, I keep thinking that I better step up my own game. Great job.

Rudy

I like both of them! However I am not wild about the pin placement of the one with the micarta handle! I think it looks too busy, and un-symetrical IMHO!

Good job on both of them Steve. I too like the thick liners and may have to incorporate that in some of my work.

I like them both and I think you have done something a bit different with the pin placement on No6
and that really rocks! Keep up the great work and never hold back from trying something different.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I also like the pin placement on #6, I think the maple handle on #7 is your best yet. Good curves and the countersink on the thong hole top it off. Very clean. I like them both.

Stan

Thank you so much guys! I am blown away by everyone's comments.

Sorry for the late reply but I went camping this weekend and about thirty people showed up. It was a TX meet from another forum and I got some awesome feedback. Also got to use the camp style knife a little and the thin handle performed a lot better than I had initially thought it would. I cleaned a catfish, which the drop point didn't perform too well against the tough skin. A lot of slippage but that was kind of expected, not to mention I haven't cleaned a lot of fish in the past...

Got some outdoor shots of them...

TXMeet016_zps5d9bf4f3.jpg

TXMeet012_zps5f92094d.jpg

TXMeet041_zps1d482e93.jpg

TXMeet049_zpsf34a649e.jpg

Beauties! Very nice work. Hot enough for y'all this weekend?
Really like the hunter/utility.
Dozier

Last edited:
Back