K & G Epoxy

Todd Robbins

After rereading the "glue wars" posts on the other forum, I decided to try K & G's epoxy between some wood scales and the blade tang. Somehow I missed in the thread that it is mixed in equal parts by weight, rather than by volume. How critical is it that the weights be perfectly matched for parts A and B before mixing? I'm pretty sure I can get close, but my wife's kitchen scale isn't perfectly accurate in really small amounts. I'd hate to have to buy a new scale just to measure epoxy.

Thanks,
Todd

I've heard from more than one source it isn't all that precise. Get close and you should be good. It's good stuff.

Agood little scale is the one from Harbor Freight for about 12 bucks, mesures in grams and you can mix very small amounts of epoxy.
Stan

look for a postage scale in a big box store. they are dirt cheap.

I just went with eyeballing a little less of the one and it has always worked well. I don't use it a lot because it is harder to work with than other more liquid epoxies. I do use it when I need an extra strong bond.

I have been using 30 minute epoxy from Hobby Lobby for most of my stuff for the last several years with good success. It comes in two 4 oz squeeze bottles for about $10.00. I think it is equivalent to Devcon and Loctite slow epoxies.

I just went with eyeballing a little less of the one and it has always worked well. I don't use it a lot because it is harder to work with than other more liquid epoxies. I do use it when I need an extra strong bond.

I have been using 30 minute epoxy from Hobby Lobby for most of my stuff for the last several years with good success. It comes in two 4 oz squeeze bottles for about $10.00. I think it is equivalent to Devcon and Loctite slow epoxies.

is it like this stuff? mo money

That looks like the slow cure liquid epoxy that K&G sells. Good price. ZGood bonding, comparable to Loctite.

The hobby lobby stuff is $10.99 and has 4 oz per bottle, so it's similar in price except for shipping. It is one of the few things I buy locally.

Back