Ka-bar just finished

David Stifle

I've been looking for a genuine 1940's ear ka-bar for quite awhile, but most I've seen aren't the real deal. So, for the interim, I decided to make my own. It's not historically accurate, at 8.25" the 1095 blade's a little longer, it's also a little wider and the spine's thicker. Not bad things in my opinion. This is one project that, for some reason, I got a lot of satisfaction from, so much, that I now have two more currently on my bench.I appreciate a chance to show you guys my work, and all commednts are very welcome.

Attachments

• Bushcraft sword-KaBar 004.jpg
    Bushcraft sword-KaBar 004.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Bushcraft sword-KaBar 005.jpg
    Bushcraft sword-KaBar 005.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Bushcraft sword-KaBar 006.jpg
    Bushcraft sword-KaBar 006.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 53
  • Bushcraft sword-KaBar 007.jpg
    Bushcraft sword-KaBar 007.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 45
Nice tribute to a fine style- I've always liked KA Bars too. Very good attention to detail in the butt cap and grooved handle. Should make an excellent field knife.

Thanks a lot. I made this knife for myself for the upcoming deer season. I'm thinking of making a sheath sort of like this one.

Attachments

• woodsknife.jpg
    woodsknife.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 14
Good looking knife. It's interesting to me because I have thought about doing an M3. Perhaps one day I will get around to it.

Good looking knife. It's interesting to me because I have thought about doing an M3. Perhaps one day I will get around to it.

Ahh, yes, the M3. Not a bad looking semi-dagger. Primarily issued to WWII special ops guys. Should be fun to make. I have a few more Ka-bars on my bench, then I might tackle the F/S dagger.

i really like these old, ka-bar knifes most ive found are made in how knows fake, care to tell use how you made you,r fuller ?

Back