kalamazoo grinder

How much is it? I havent seen that version of the kalamazoo before.

Personally if your just cleaning up bevels get a 1x30 from harbor freight with the one year replacement.

If between a kmg and a 1x30 in budget I would recommend the Coote grinders. They are sweet machines, I have a kmg and will probably still pick up a coote down the road

http://www.cootebeltgrinder.com/

At >7000 FPM I'd think that would be a bit fast for cleaning up bevels? More of a "hogging" speed. Heck, with my homebrew 2X72" at 5,000 FPM is too fast for my comfort - my hogging is more around 4,000 FPM, and I use 1200 FPM for cleaning up bevels.

I'd like to hear other comments concerning the belt speed - maybe I'm just too slow?

Ken H>

7000 is a little fast for what you are wanting it for. Timy, coote is a good grinder however I would take a look at the new style pheer grinders.

This is the only price reference for that grinder I could find. For that price point there are other proven grinders available.

Product # Description Price
BG272 Kalamazoo 2" x 72" Belt Grinder BG272 $1,525.00
BG272S Kalamazoo 2" x 72" Belt Grinder BG272 Stand $1,685.00

they also the grinder without a motor for about $1000. that said, many other choices. you might want to look at Wilmont Grinders and see what they have.
scott

Back