• Ed Caffrey

Votes: 19 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
1. This is one of our 'Special People" awards. Here we are looking for a member who was instrumental in educating other members whether it was by hosting any type of Clinic, Hammer-In or online Work In Progress threads.

2. This member should personify a willingness to help others and share their knowledge in an unselfish manner.

3. Photos not required.

Last edited:
I would like to nominate Indian George for this award.

In following his many posts it is clear to me that IG's Hammer In's are THE place to be in the Northeast.

I have witnessed several times when he has offered lodging to members just so they could afford to be there.

IG has run raffles to raise money for other members and has never refused to answer a question or volunteer to help at every oportunity.

I am proud to be a forum member with him.

Steve Janik

I nominate Indian George,He not only sparked my interest in knife making,he's always eager to answer ?'s and donate his shop and time at all times. Thanks George. Ron

I nominate Indian George,He not only sparked my interest in knife making,he's always eager to answer ?'s and donate his shop and time at all times. Thanks George. Ron

Yeah, the rascal is good about stirring up sparks! Oh, you wasn't talking about all the times he has caught his britches and other things on fire, huh?

I guess in this instance there's no deductions for foul-odor, manners, general appearance or personality:biggrin: In that case, IG is your man. A more generous and big hearted guy you will not find. But lets just be clear that the other stuff isn't being factored in before I cast my vote. Cause in that case I may have to reconsider:les:

IG is tops, his HI are visited by knifemakers from from as far as Oregon. He opens his smithy, and home to all who attend this bi-annual HI's, as well as mini-HI's. I won't go into IG's shortcomings, as we all have a few, but Wa..Wa..Wally has quite a few :what!: :s12201:

IG's gets my vote. :thumbup:

I had to take into account IG would rather chow down on bottom feeders rather than fried squirrel. Even with that consideration, I still cast my vote for George.
Oh, and about that Moped you ride, George,...............................................! You know, the one you keep hidden until the streets are clear of prying eyes.

I nominate Indian George for this award!!!
I hear about his hammer-ins more than anyone else and he seems to enjoy teaching
more than actually making!!

Heres to you IG!

I am not sure if this is against the rules or not, but I would like to put my nomination in for 2 people. Both have already been mentioned but I don't think it will hurt to mention them again.

I would like to nominate Bruce Bump for his awesome tutorials , and Ed Caffrey for his willingness to share his vast knowledge with everyone.

Good point Ron, He does also make the best heat-treating reslish in existence!! Not too shabby for a Portagee!

Indian George gets my vote. He took the time to help me convert my venturi forge to a blown forge.

IG and his Crew has Helped me tremendously!

IG sure taught me and My son a lot. He always Insisted that we can stay an extra day to learn/Work some more.

*Also* I Learned a Lot from Other makers as well. Unfortunately Have not Had the Pleasure of meeting, Possibly Working with them. I sure appreciate the Time they put into WIP's and Knowledge they Post for Us to Lean from there Experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back