Kiln Help

Mark Andrews

I have a old Kilns.Inc kiln. It is a 220 kiln it has a high-med -low knob. it is 10 x12 around 5 inches high

When you turn the knob the light only comes on when it is on med or high now . I just had it running for 2 hours and it maxes out at 1100 degree's
the elements burn bright and complete so I don't believe they are an issue. But again not sure. I suspect it is the control that is the issue. I have only now just started trouble shooting this as I have another kiln.

My question is would it be a good place to start by replacing the control to a infinite style. Or if anyone knows were I should start I would be very gratefull.

Thanks in advance

what i did when i had a similar problem was to bypass the control. i ran power thru a switch then straight to the elements, when the elements came on and it heated to temp, i knew the controller was bad. an infinite switch would work. a pid temp controller, scr, and thermocouple will set you back about $50.

That is what I really want to do. I have a solid state relay. a PID and a thermocouple. From a old project I am not very good at setting up a PID

Back