KITH 2019 WIP

Thanks again guys for the encouragement and comments. I guess it is a certain amount of determination , but at the same time, I really enjoy watching the knife evolve. Plus , my shop is relatively quiet and dust free.
BTW , I received a couple of new files yesterday. They are Pferd files ( made in America ) and are some of the best I have used. Got them from Amazon. I recommend them highly , if you are needing files.

I got to spend some time in the shop today. (yesterday was a "getting ready for winter day - re gravel the driveways, move trailers around to be able to get out when it snows, get all the firewood tarped, etc). Here is the progress on the KITH Bowie for Randy. Only one side done but this glass is half full!DSC01384.JPGDSC01385.JPGDSC01386.JPG

question for y'all: I did this spine file work on my own edc. I'm wondering if I should do the same treatment on the KITH Bowie for Randy?DSC01391.JPG

OK, that is really a nice looking blade!
My question is I don't see any pin holes in the tang. Have you tried drilling the tang yet?

Thanks. No, I haven't tried yet. It shouldn't be a problem as I didn't heat treat it. Just the blade. Plus, I use carbide drill bits and they are the boss for drilling metal -hardened or not.

Back