KITH 2019

Count me in. I've never made a bowie knife yet. I have 3 started, 2 damascus and 1 san-mai, that I haven't had time to finish. Are we thinking full tang or hidden tang? Or maker's choice? I've been thinking I'd design a full tang bowie to put in the line up.

Maker's choice for me also. I would prefer to try a full tang Bowie rather than a hidden tang. I think that's a little more in my reach skill wise.

How would everyone feel about this: Let’s keep this a maker’s choice event but we will issue a bowie challenge for those wishing to accept the challenge. For those who do not like making bowies they can still do any other knife with no worries. Everyone understands going in that for some, (like me) this WILL be a stretch of their skills so everything in the knife you receive may not be perfect but it will be the best the maker can do with the project. What say you?

How would everyone feel about this: Let’s keep this a maker’s choice event but we will issue a bowie challenge for those wishing to accept the challenge. For those who do not like making bowies they can still do any other knife with no worries. Everyone understands going in that for some, (like me) this WILL be a stretch of their skills so everything in the knife you receive may not be perfect but it will be the best the maker can do with the project. What say you?
I think that's a good idea. I'll accept the challenge to make a Bowie. It will be a full tang.

I'm in,
Makers choice for me. I would love it if we knew our recipient sooner than later so I could query them on color choice, etc.

I am going to do my edc knife again as i have most of the bugs worked out. Still working on sheath design but think we have put that to bed also...I contracted a friend to do my sheaths and he's a much better leather worker than me...lol!

Here's the first of our new design...I made the stamps and he designed this simple belt sheath (Wicket and Craig top grade tooling leather)

Last years KITH sheath was not a work of art....lol. This year's will be much better!

While I would love to do the Bowie challenge...I just cannot this year.

67165050_398226050816308_4758251365086527488_n.jpg

Last edited:
Maker's choice for me too. I haven't done a Bowie yet so I'm not confident that I could make one that I was happy with. I have some Alabama Damascus that will make a nice Hunter though. :)

Back