KITH - Leather WIP

opaul

For those in the KITH pool - what do you think about adding the sheath as part of the WIP along with the knife?

Great idea! I know for me, leather work is more of a have to than a want to compared to making knives, so learning more would be a plus.

I'm planning on doing a sheath. Don't know how it will look though. My leather skills aren't all that good. They definitely need improvement.

Yes I thought it was too, I may be doing a gents Bowie also. Probably still calls for a leather sheath. I never did one but I’m up for it too.

More tools is a good thing :D

Always. Seriously though I got some cheap tools to start with and it really made it miserable. I’m slowly upgrading my leather working tools so hopefully it will get a little easier. Still haven’t made anything I would call a nice sheath though.

When I finally get started I'll add in a picture of a cow and the finished sheath.

I'm not sure the mess that happens in between will pass the forums CoC. :p

Seriously though, I'll do my best to remember a few of my process. It ain't nothing fancy!

Leather work is not my favorite but i’m beginning to enjoy it more. Hand stitching is the most tedious part for me.

Back