Knife #6 One For The Paw In Law!

dallas1

A Dagger is not rely my stile but some times you just have to suck it up lol. I did this one as a Christmas gift for the paw in law Got to get the Better Half to make a lanyard for it and i got to make a display stand. He is a ole Biker so it suits him well.
It is 440 stainless with Spalted Maple and Copper pins and a little File Work.

Now i am kinda embarrass to say sins i new this would be a display knife i used 440a! I learned a big lessen 440a is JUNK JUNK JUNK! And i will never ever cut a corner with steel Again not even for a display piece!
This knife looks good and he will love it but i will never ever sell a piece of crap like this to anyone!
For all you Newbies Stay Away From 440A Always Always Make Sher it is 440C. if you use stainless!
SANY0001.jpgSANY0003.jpgSANY0004.jpg

Nice looking dagger D1- like the maple and design. 440A gets a bad rap because cheaper knives use it and it doesn't get the HT attention- it actually is tougher and has higher edge retention than C if handled correctly, though because it has a less carbon you can get a few points more RC in C than A. I agree though- I prefer C.

Back