Knives ready to go

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
With the sheaths all finished I got these all sharpened and ready to be sent off now. The blades are not grubby, it is the protective oil that makes them look lees than what they are. I dont spen time setting up photo's lie some of you do as this is a quick pic just to record what I have done.
This lot is away to one gunshop
FuMESYjl.jpg

This lot is away to another gunshop
u5z4BpQl.jpg

This lot of stock knives will come with me on friday as I spend the day at a gunshop down south. The owner has let the locals know I will be in store for the day so expect a few will come in for a yarn and to look at/hande a few of the knives.

dJ9d0XDl.jpg

Havj8dql.jpg

kWTGZXLl.jpg

Have you considered an air pencil or vibrating engraver to sign knives when you are there? We had Chuck Buck up here one year and I had him sign some i bought as gifts...the recipients LOVED the signed knives. It might be a draw...

Btw...those are all beauts!

Have you considered an air pencil or vibrating engraver to sign knives when you are there? We had Chuck Buck up here one year and I had him sign some i bought as gifts...the recipients LOVED the signed knives. It might be a draw...

Btw...those are all beauts!
Hadn't thought about that Ted but then with my shakey hands I would possibly spoil a blade with an atempt at doing something like that

Good looking knives sir. How far south you coming??? You have more than likely answered this before but I am still new here, I noticed the three dot pattern on your knives is that your "maker's mark? If so, what does it symbolize?

Good looking knives sir. How far south you coming??? You have more than likely answered this before but I am still new here, I noticed the three dot pattern on your knives is that your "maker's mark? If so, what does it symbolize?
I am in New Zealand Chris and will be going down to Invercargill.
Yes, my makers mark is the three dots and is representative of the Trinity, Father Son and Holy Spirit who are One like the three dots are one (triangle)

I thought that was the symbolism that is why I asked. That is also the reason I chose "Redeemer Forge" as my LLC name. In the U.S. three dots have a secular meaning too so I was just curious. Great makers mark though...Chris
P.S. I guess that whole New Zealand thing means you will not make it to Georgia on your trip...

I thought that was the symbolism that is why I asked. That is also the reason I chose "Redeemer Forge" as my LLC name. In the U.S. three dots have a secular meaning too so I was just curious. Great makers mark though...Chris
P.S. I guess that whole New Zealand thing means you will not make it to Georgia on your trip...
It is good to be able to acknowledge our faith every time we mark our knives.
I wonder if Paul sewed a fish somewhere on the tents he made.
Acts 18:3
3 And because he was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought: for by their occupation they were tentmakers.

The closest I have been to Georgia was a 1967 BSA Thunderbolt that still had the Georgia number plates when I bought it to restore.
This was it as it came into the country
qY57n81l.jpg

and after I worked on it some. I still had the tank badges to get to finish it. I rode it for quite a few years before selling it on.
8RSSonll.jpg

Last edited:
I have an old Greeves 360 with twin exhaust...I've been planning on restoring for years...I used to ride it as a kid...it was old then...lol

Or Montucky....lol.

Nice job on that restore...someone put some elbow grease into those side covers ...lol. Nowadays I get tired just thinking about that much polishing...lol.
Yes but a labour of love has no down side even though the clock runs (and runs and runs ;))

Great day in Invercargill yesterday. 16 knives stayed down there so my inventory of stock is almost depleted. A long day but I had a break for lunch with a friend who told me about an engineering shop closing down and there was a pile of steel that had riginally been bought in to make scrub slasher socketed blades and is still all in the flat bar without the socket having been formed. Great tool steel amnd I have made fantastic heavy duty knives from them before so will look at them for the bowies after I do a test blade with destructive testing. This was my great grandfathers scrub slasher so I am hoping for steel with the same characteristics.
gMBIWzOl.jpg

Back